A good competition for Chrome; Brave browser
Chrome is a web browser that was built by Google and it has been one of the best browsers I personally use (both on mobile and PC) due to its simplicity, privacy and being able to deliver a good browsing experience.
Brave browser is a free and open-source web browser developed by Brave Software Inc. It uses the same (Chromium) browser engine as Chrome.
The main difference between Brave and Chrome browser is that Brave blocks Ads and 3rd-party trackers, which makes it saves time and mobile data by loading a web page faster.
Through some user’s reviews on Twitter and Sam Feldman who gave a number of comparisons between Brave and Chrome browsers in terms of speed, privacy, and security as shown below;
- Unlike Chrome, Brave blocks ads and trackers by default.
- Websites on Brave to load noticeably faster than Chrome.
- Brave tracks the time it saves you and displays it when you open the browser.
- Brave blocks ads by default (unlike Chrome, which requires a 3rd-party extension such as AdBlock).
- Brave blocks 3rd-party tracking by default;
*** On Chrome, mega-advertisers like Google and Facebook use 3rd-party cookies to track your browsing on nearly every website.
*** By blocking 3rd-party cookies, Brave limits the amount of data on Facebook, Google, and other ad networks can collect about your browsing habits.
- Brave stores all your browsing data locally on your computer, which means you can delete it at any time.
- Brave supports Tor browsing, making it the first all-purpose browser to do so.
- Brave automatically encrypts your website connection when possible (on Chrome, this only occurs with an extension like HTTPS Everywhere).
- Brave now supports all Chrome extensions, including popular password managers like LastPass and 1Password.
These comparisons gave Brave an advantage over Chrome browser and you can download the browser on any of your devices (Andriod, iOS, Windows, and Linux).
You can try the Brave browser and let us know what you think in the comment section if the browser is worth the try.
You may be interested
Apple to boost revenue by launching four iPhones in 2020Ajayi Olufemi - July 10, 2019
According to a recent report from JPMorgan, Apple is considering to boost its sales by launching over four iPhones in…
Xiaomi thanks fans for selling 15 million units of Redmi Note 7 in 6 monthsAjayi Olufemi - July 10, 2019
Over 15 million units of Redmi Note 7 has been sold in just 6 months, the company announced. Leading Chinese…
Itel slashes the price of P33 and P33 plus, see the new pricesAjayi Olufemi - July 9, 2019
Just a day after it was reported that Itel Mobile is set to release two new phones - Itel S15…