Google Assistant now available for iPhone and iPad Users
Table of Contents
Google Assistant is a voice tool powered by artificial intelligence (AI) developed by Google which acts as a voice assistant and voice-activated device control that allows you to send messages, check appointments and so much more on your Android device, just like Apple’s Siri or Cortana on Windows.
Google Assistant was only accessible on Google-built devices such as Google Home and Google Pixel smartphones but over time it was expanded to smartphones, tablets, speakers, and now iPhone and iPad devices can also have access to the app.
How Google Assistant works;
- Google Assistant can find information online, from restaurant bookings to directions, weather, and news
- It can read your notifications to you
- control your music
- Real-time spoken translations
- make appointments and send messages
- play content on your Chromecast or other compatible devices
- control your devices and your smart home
- open apps on your phone
- run timers and reminders
- access information from your calendars and other personal information
How to Activate Google Assistant on iPhone and iPad devices
- You need to install the Google Assistant to your device form your AppStore.
- You might need to confirm your Google account on the welcome screen if you are just using the service for the first time.
- After confirming your Google account, tap the icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap “Add Google Assistant to Siri.” when asked to add “Google Assistant” to Siri
- After adding Google Assistant to Siri, you will need to enter the phrase that will wake Google, you can still leave it to the default “OK Google.” or change it.
You may be interested
Apple to boost revenue by launching four iPhones in 2020Ajayi Olufemi - July 10, 2019
According to a recent report from JPMorgan, Apple is considering to boost its sales by launching over four iPhones in…
Xiaomi thanks fans for selling 15 million units of Redmi Note 7 in 6 monthsAjayi Olufemi - July 10, 2019
Over 15 million units of Redmi Note 7 has been sold in just 6 months, the company announced. Leading Chinese…
Itel slashes the price of P33 and P33 plus, see the new pricesAjayi Olufemi - July 9, 2019
Just a day after it was reported that Itel Mobile is set to release two new phones - Itel S15…