Alongside the Samsung Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+, and Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, Samsung also launched a new folding device dubbed Galaxy Z Flip. This is the second “foldable” that goes alongside the Galaxy Fold, announced last year, proposing a different form factor. Instead of a smartphone that becomes a tablet this time we have a smartphone that, folding in two, becomes more comfortable to keep in your pocket.
The Galaxy Z Flip selling point is definitely the flexible or foldable screen and under its hood, it packed, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ supported by 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage expandable.
The phone comes with an FHD resolution of 22:9, a 6.7 “diagonal and HDR10 + support. Unlike all the other displays foldable seen to date, Samsung has used an Ultra-Thin Glass coating that makes it much more resistant to scratches. The display has a 10-megapixel front camera with f / 2.4 aperture.
Samsung’s first flexible glass display – Galaxy Z Flip features an Infinity Flex Display with Ultra-Thin Glass (UTG) developed by Samsung, which makes it thinner and gives it a sophisticated look hitherto unthinkable for a folding device. In addition, the Infinity-O display with central hole eliminates the presence of the notch, offering for the first time in a Samsung device a 21.9: 9 ratio and ensuring maximum usability of your favorite content, without distractions.
On the outside, there is a second display, small but defined. It is a Super AMOLED with Always-On 1.06 “with a resolution of 300 x 116 pixels protected, like the entire rear surface, by a Gorilla Glass 6 glass.
The photographic sector is quite “normal”, without 108MP sensors or other. The main camera is 12 MP dual pixel with f / 1.8 aperture, the second one has a 12MP sensor but with a 123° wide-angle lens with f / 2.2 aperture. Videos can have a maximum resolution of 4K at 60fps.
To complete the specifications, a double battery with a total capacity of 3,300mAh with fast charging at 15W and wireless charging at 9W. There is no lack of Bluetooth 5, Wi-Fi 6, NFC connectivity, a USB Type-C port, and a double stereo speaker “By AKG”. The operating system is Android 10 with OneUI 2.0 customization.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Specifications And Price
- OS: Android 10
- Display: 6.7 “flexible Infinity Flex” Dynamic AMOLED, FHD + 1080p with 22: 9 aspect ratio (2,636 x 1080 pixels), Ultra-Thin Glass coating
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+
- Memory: 8GB of LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB of expandable internal memory
- Battery: 3,300 mAh (combined capacity between two batteries), 15 W fast charging, 9 W wireless Qi
- Connectivity: WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C, NFC, GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou with Side fingerprint scanner, face recognition
- Audio: Dolby Atmos stereo speaker
- Front camera: 10 MP, aperture f / 2.4, autofocus, support voice commands for a selfie, video MAX 4K @ 30FPS
- Rear cameras:
12 MP dual-pixel main, f / 1.8 aperture
12 MP wide-angle at 123 °, f / 2.2
LED flash, HDR 10+, OIS, MAX video 4K @ 60FPS
- Stereo speakers “By AKG”
- Weight: 183 g
- Dimensions: 87.4 x 73.6 x 15.4 mm when closed | 167.9 x 73.6 x 7.2 mm when open
- Colors: black and purple
The Galaxy Z Flip, unlike the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 + and Galaxy S20 Ultra, will be available as of February 14 in two color variations, at the price of $1,380 (N502,000).